Book Marketing: How to Leverage Social Media for Authors, Experts and Thought Leaders
With only 2-3 percent of all books written actually getting published and about 800 books published every day, hitting any bestseller list– let alone the New York Times, Wall Street Journal or USA Today– is a mighty feat.
Think about yourself. Even if you’re not an author, aspiring author or thought leader, are you struggling to get more business, increase the average transaction and ultimately grow your business in an ever-changing economy?
If you’re like many people, you’ve heard about the power of social media for authors and thought leaders, as well as all marketing endeavors, but you may not think it could really work for you or you’re not sure how you would go about harnessing that power.
One of my partners, Randy Gage, has taken his unique voice, utilized many of the services Prime Concepts offers and leveraged social media to create a movement around the release of his new book, Risky is the New Safe.
Not only has Risky is the New Safe hit ALL the bestseller lists and earned #1 at the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Publishers Weekly, it has also became the most talked about book on the blogosphere and in social media!
So how can you follow Randy’s path to success?
Well, obviously you need to start with great content, leverage your network and utilize social media, but here a few ways we were able to help Randy:
- Custom book landing page with Facebook comment plugin to encourage even more buzz!
- Custom graphics and interesting banner headers for Facebook so people are more likely to share his tips and advice
- Update Facebook banner once a week
- Custom series of intriguing how-to and promotion videos
- Optimized YouTube videos with bottom lower third graphics and specific calls-to-action at the end of the video
- Custom branded social media backgrounds
- Custom blog header(s)
- Media releases
- Engaging his followers through contests, surveys and critical thinking, thought provoking content.
Randy is truly a testament to the power of social media for authors and thought leaders, as well as anyone offering valuable products or services. If you’re curious about anything we’ve done for Randy or would like to hear more ideas, leave us a comment below or contact us.