Syndicate your content using a social media dashboard like Hootsuite.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “I know I need to be using social media, but I just don’t have the time.” Or “I have Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts but I can’t manage them all.” I have a simple answer for them: Aggregate and Syndicate.
By that I mean, using one tool to manage all of your social media sites simultaneously. There are a lot of Social Media dashboards out there to help you sort through and send out messages to your fans and followers, but I use Hootsuite.
Hootsuite allows me to pull all of my streams from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare and several other social media sites so I can keep track of everything going on in all of my networks, in one place. It also lets me send a message to any and all of them at the same time so I don’t have to log in individually to each site and post the message.
What are the benefits of using Hootsuite? You can:
- Easily check stats and track results. For example, you can see how influential you were on Twitter in the last day, week, or month. See which of your tweets were popular so you know what type or topic to send out more of and which to avoid. You can also see what influencers have mentioned you so you can continue to build relationships with them. This feature really helps you with the Test – Track – Repeat cycle in your marketing.
- Get your team involved. If you have multiple people that help you with your social media, you can give them all unique log in information so they can access the account without sharing passwords. You can also assign tasks, such as delegating a certain team member messages you want them to respond to, etc.
- Schedule your updates. Leaving town for a week? Schedule your updates to go out at certain times and dates to make sure you are maintaining your online presence while you are gone. Or, just get them scheduled so you don’t have to worry about sending out the messages, all you have to worry about is monitoring the responses.
- Easily manage multiple social media accounts. Send out messages to multiple networks at one time and keep track of mentions of your brand or key terms on any of the sites you have integrated with Hootsuite. You can also look at the live feeds from people you are following on Twitter, friends with on Facebook, etc. so you can keep up to date with everything and know when your input could be helpful.
- Use your smartphone to manage your account. Not only can you log in straight from your computer, but you can download the app for your Android, iPhone, or other smartphone and update and manage your Hootsuite from wherever you are, whenever you want to.
The amount of time you spend on your social media efforts is up to you and your schedule. No matter if you are a super user or a once a day user, Hootsuite makes it much easier to manage multiple accounts at once to make sure you are monitoring conversations about your brand, responding to customer inquiries and comments, and sending out valuable updates to your networks.